A Juvenile Sunni Offender At The Imminent Risk Of Execution
HRANA News Agency – The death sentence of Barzan Nasrollahzadeh, juvenile Sunni offender who had been tried on charge of “Muharebeh” has been confirmed and sent to the enforcement office.
According to the report of Human Rights Activists News Agency (HRANA), Barzan Nasrollahzadeh was arrested on May 29, 2010 as he was younger as 18 years old. He was sentenced to death on charge of “Muharebeh” by the branch 28 of the Revolutionary Court in Tehran. Although the Supreme Court rejected the verdict, it was upheld in another branch again. He was informed of the verdict almost 3 months ago and it has been sent to the enforcement office recently.
Mohammad Salim Nasrollahzadeh, Barzan’s father, told HRANA’s reporter: “My son has been born in October 1992 and was arrested when he was just 17 years old. Only a laptop was found on him and after a while he was sentenced to death. He had not killed anybody, neither was he a member of any organization or had possessed a weapon. I told one of the authorities, if my son had killed somebody I would have accepted the verdict but why he should have been sentenced to death as he has done nothing! He had no answer.”
According to his father, he did not have a lawyer during the trial and was held in the solitary confinement for a long time before the court session.
Barzan Nasrollahzadeh is being kept in ward 4 of hall 10 of Rajai Shahr Prison at the moment.