A Prisoner Died in Parsilon Prison of Khorramabad

RANA News Agency – Iman Rashidi Yeganeh, prisoner in Parsilon Prison of Khorramabad who suffered serious physical and psychological problems, was returned to prison by the judge’s order despite doctor’s opinion and only a week later lost his life in the prison.
According to the report of Human Rights Activists News Agency in Iran (HRANA), Iman Rashidi Yeganeh imprisoned on drug-related charges in Parsilon Prison of Khorramabad died on June 10, following the lack of proper medical care and delay in being transferred to hospital.
A source close to the prisoner announced that Mr. Rashidi had been arrested by mistake and without committing the offense and explained in an interview with HRANA’s reporter: “Iman was arrested and taken to Parsilon Prison of Khorramabad based on the confession of another defendant. At the next hearing in the presence of inmates, a person revealed that the main accused is another person and “having the same name” was the reason of arresting Iman. But the judge did not accept it and once again transferred Iman to prison.”
The source pointed out about the impact of the false detention on the mental situation of Mr. Rashidi: “He was shocked for failing to arraignment and the reason of detention and was not in a good mood, and in the end committed suicide. He was taken to the Shohadaee Ashayer hospital in Khoramabad and after physical treatment and while needing urgent psychiatric care, was returned to prison. His lawyer twice requested the judge to order the intolerance for his client that was not approved by the judge, and the judge emphasized with a harsh tone that even if he would die in prison, he would not agree with such a request.”
He added: “Iman who was shocked completely and it was quite evident to the prison authorities, was transferred to the Psychiatric Hospital in Khorramabad and after a week while he was in a critical mental condition he was transferred back to prison. Iman’s situation got worse day by day, so he even lost the desire to eat completely and only drank a little water daily by the help of friends and according to one of his cellmates, every night he was awaked by frightening nightmares and ran in the hallway of prison.”
Sources close to the prison emphasized: “Iman suffered severe stomach pain in addition to mental illness, once again he was moved to the Psychiatric Hospital and after the brain shock. Although two specialists opposed returning him to prison, he was transferred to prison by judge’s order in a very bad condition and died after less than a week in the jail.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.