• Home >
  • Ahmad Tamooyi’s letter to Ahmed Shaheed from Uremia prison

Ahmad Tamooyi’s letter to Ahmed Shaheed from Uremia prison

Posted on: 15th October, 2013
  • Print
  • Email
  • Editor: Human
  • Author:
  • Translator:
  • Source:

HRANA News Agency – Ahmad Tamooyi, the prisoner of central prison of Uremia, has unmasked some physical and mental tortures, which he has experienced during past 6 years in jail in a letter to Ahmed Shaheed.


Mr. Tamooyi, is now kept in the general ward (the ward of murderers), after the last false case which was made by officials for him.


You are about to read the full letter of protest that is being published by HRANA:


My name is Ahmad Tamooyi, who has been arrested by Mahabad’s IRGC intelligence office on October 24, 2007 and was kept in captivity from the first day in Uremia IRGC’s detention center. I have been tortured for about two months in allegation of being a member of PJAK. During this period, I was tortured by electrical shock, fake execution, being hanged upside down and being flogged. After two months of interrogating and torturing, I had been transferred to the office of intelligence service of Mahabad, and had been interrogated there for a month, and then was transferred to Mahabad’s prison.


In February 2008, in branch one of revolutionary court of Mahabad I was charged on hostile activities and belligerents against regime in a 10 minutes trial. My attorney had been threatened before the trial, and during the trial, authorities did not let me defend myself completely. Shortly after trial, the 15 years in prison sentence was announced to me verbally. After announcement of the sentence, my attorney was threatened and forced to resign, and due to not delivering the petition, I could not appeal the sentence. Then, few days later, the court delivered the verdict to me.


In summer 2008, during the visit of West Azerbaijan chief attorney general, I complained about the behavior of the guards, which I confronted with his vehement response and reaction. The same day I was transferred to Uremia prison.


In winter 2011, during performing the execution of Hossein Khezri, the political prisoner, some other political prisoners and I had been transferred to solitary confinement, with the intension of intimidating political prisoners. On January 5, 2011 I was kept in cell number 7, when guards took Hossein Khezri for execution from cell number 2 while brutally beating him. After his execution, I went on hunger strike for 20 days.


On February 16, 2011 I had been transferred from Uremia prison to solitary confinement of IRGC’s intelligence ward. From the very beginning, I had been beaten, and for about a month, interrogated and tortured while I was in solitary confinement in allegation of collusion and propaganda against the government and cooperation with conflicting media and press. In winter 2011, I had been transferred to solitary confinement for 25 days in a very cold cell, without any reason and explanation which ended to kidney infection. In February 2011, I was transferred to the solitary confinement of IRGC’s intelligence ward. During these two days, I had been under enormous pressure for cooperating and performing a television interview and confession.


From spring 2011 to October 2012, every week, I have been transferred to intelligence office of prison, and insulted, humiliated, and faced with inquisitor’s interrogation. Meanwhile, my personal belongings have been inspected and looted time to time, by prison authorities.


On October 11, 2012 I was transferred from Uremia prison to intelligence service office, and for two months been tortured and interrogated, on charge of collusion and propaganda against the regime and having contact with the UN Special Rapporteur, Ahmed Shaheed. Consequently, I fainted two times and lost my conscious. Interrogators asked for television interview and confession, which I denied. On December 20, 2012 at 12 am I had been taken to interrogation room and was told: “Death sentence has been announced for you in absentia, but if you cooperate and perform an interview, it would be halted.” Finally, I refused to cooperate. Officers told me, your execution would be performed in another place, so they handcuffed, shackled and blindfolded me. After a while, I realized that they are exiling me to Rajai Shahr prison. In our way, when I disputed about officers insults, they hit me. On December 11, 2012 I was transferred to security court of the Evin prison and then I was sent to Rajaei Shahr prison by court’s order. I was exempt from telephone call and having family visit, for 7 months in Rajaei Shahr prison.


On July 17, 2013 I was transferred from Rajaei Shahr to Uremia prison. On August 22, I was called by intelligence service of prison. Due to the fact that I had already been called for many times, and every time I was insulted and humiliated, I refuse to go this time. Prison guards took me with excessive force which ended in breaking my nose. Once more, I was insulted and humiliated and sent to solitary confinement. After 6 days in solitary confinement, I was transferred from ward 12 (political ward) to ward 4 (murderer ward).


Dear UN Special Rapporteur, Mr. Ahmed Shaheed, I am Ahmad Tamooyi the political prisoner, and currently kept in one the most dangerous wards of the prison, and clearly state that I do not have personal security so I ask you you and other human right organizations for pursuing my situation. I, Ahmad Tamooyi, the political prisoner, during these past years, have suffered from diverse types of systematic physical and mental tortures many times. I have been a victim of making false cases and all of these are just because of my political perspectives and ideology and saying no to intelligence services inclinations.


Translator: Sohrab