Behnam Ebrahimzadeh Deprived Of Visiting His Ill Son

Posted on: 23rd February, 2016
  • Print
  • Email
  • Rate The News

  • Random News
  • Editor: Human
  • Translator:
  • Source:
Behnam Ebrahimzadeh

HRANA News Agency – Rajai Shahr prison authorities have not agreed with the furlough of Behnam (As’ad) Ebrahimzadeh to visit his ill child in the hospital.

According to the report of Human Rights Activists News Agency (HRANA), Nima Ebrahimzadeh teenager child of the imprisoned worker has leukemia since a long time ago and was transferred to the Mahak hospital on Thursday 18th of February.

The primary legal custody of Behnam Ebrahimzadeh has ended long ago and he is enduring a punishment for which he has been convicted and sentenced while being in the prison.

Last August, an appeals court in Tehran sentenced Behnam Ebrahimzadeh to 7 years and 10 months and 15 days imprisonment and a fine of four hundred and fifty thousand tomans. His charges have been announced as “gathering and colluding to commit crimes against the internal and external security” and propaganda against the regime. The primary sentence was nine years in prison.

He was in Evin prison at the time of his conviction and was serving his sentence of five years in prison.

In addition, accusations of “using satellite equipment and play cards” were also part of the charges against the jailed worker. All of these charges have been issued while he was in prison.

One of HRANA’s legal advisers says: “Although it is impossible to prove the charge of acting against the national security in the prison, but even according to the new Islamic Penal Code while the issuing of the sentence remains in force, for all of the allegations, if proven, it should not be more than 5 years imprisonment and the issued sentence is against the law.”

Behnam Ebrahimzadeh, worker activist born in 1977, had been first detained in 2008 on charges of graffiti and propaganda in Oshnavieh.

In May 2009, Mr. Ebrahimzadeh was arrested for the second time on the International Workers’ Day, along with a group of civil and labor activists in Laleh Park in Tehran and was released on the bail after a month.

He was arrested for the third time on June 12, 2011. After 4 months of detention in solitary confinement and interrogation under pressure he was transferred to Ward 350 of Evin Prison.

Branch 15 of the Revolutionary Court presided by Judge Salvati sentenced Behnam Ebrahimzadeh in a short hearing and without a lawyer to 20 years in prison. The sentence was reduced later on the appeal court to five years.

Behnam Ebrahimzadeh was beaten during the raid on Ward 350 of Evin Prison, known as “Black Thursday” by prison guards and was transferred to solitary confinement in ward 240 for 15 days.

The worker activist was transferred to solitary confinement in Ward 209 in May 2015 and after a while was illegally deported to Rajai Shahr prison.

This labor activist suffers from a slipped disc and arthritis of the neck and despite follow-ups, so far he has not received proper treatment in the prison or hospital. His son, Nima has cancer and his family have said that due to his illness, the difficulty of traveling and financial restrictions they were not able to have weekly visits with him.

Mr. Ebrahimzadeh was repeatedly harassed in Rajai Shahr prison and transferred to several wards, and is serving his imprisonment now in ward 10 of Rajai Shahr prison.