Oshnavieh: One Sentenced to Death, 6 to Heavy Imprisonments
HRANA News Agency – On January 29, 2017, six defendants of clashes in Oshnavieh, who were sentenced to death and 95 years in prison by Urmia Revolutionary Court recently, were transferred to solitary confinement after demanding the authorities to consider the principle of separation of prisoners as a punishment.
According to the report of Human Rights Activists News Agency (HRANA), by the order of the President of Central Prison in Urmia, six the defendants of the case of clashes in Oshnavieh, namely Hedayat Abdollahpour, Rasoul Azizi, Mohammad Zaher Faramarzi, Jalal Masrori, Yaghob Ba Ekram and Kamal Masrori were transferred to solitary confinement from general wards of 3, 4 and 5 as a punishment.
As close source to the prisoners told HRANA’s reporter, “The appealed and asked to be kept at ward 12, ward of political prisoners according to implementation of the principle of separation of prisoners but they were transferred to solitary confinement by the order of the President of Central Prison.”
HRANA had reported earlier that seven prisoners mainly from Sar Giz and Ghare-Seql in Oshnavieh were sentenced to following provisions in Urmia Revolutionary Court:
- Hedayat Abdollahpour son of Abozar / death
- Rasoul Azizi Alias Hased, son of Ebrahim / 25 years in prison
- Mohammad Zaher Faramarz, son of Karim / 20 years in prison
- Jalal Masroroi, son of Molod / 15 years
- Kamal Masrori son of Molod / 10 years
- Yaghob Ba Ekram son of Rasoul / 15 years
- Sedigh Ba Ekram son of Hussein / 10 years, is currently free on the bail for medical reasons.
It should be noted that on June 15, 2016, they had been arrested after clashes in the village of Ghare-Seql in Oshnavieh.
The event refers to the conflict between the Kurdistan Democratic Party of Iran and the Iranian Revolutionary Guards of Hamzeh, during which lots of people lost their lives. The convicted were from border area of Oshnavieh who were arrested on suspicion of collaborating with the opposition forces fighting on the ground.
Informed sourced told HRANA, “In this village houses which were destroyed in the clashes, surrounded by barbed wire and so far the people of the village have not been allowed to enter their houses.”
30 families lived in the village but due to the pressure, 15 families have left the village.
An informed source told HRANA’s reporter, “One of the defendants was not even in the village and had gone into town to buy some things, but he was arrested and sentenced to 10 years in prison. Even the mother of the convicted confirmed that her son was innocent and threatened that she would burn herself in front of the governor’s apartment.”