A Report about Arash SAdeghi’s Medical Situation
HRANA News Agency – Arash Sadeghi, imprisoned civil rights activist in Evin prison who was on hunger strike, is held in ward 8 of Evin prison. On December 26, he was exanimated in the hospital and the doctors warned about the “risk of coma and even death,” “a serious heart condition” and “risk of a heart attack.”
According to the report of Human Rights Activists News Agency (HRANA), Arash Sadeghi, imprisoned civil rights activist in Evin prison who was on hunger strike, was transferred to the hospital, following a sharp drop in his blood pressure and vomiting blood. And then was returned to the prison.
According to the screening which the doctors had done on Arash Sadeghi on December 26, the exact status of his health was reported as follows:
– Blood Pressure 6 on 7
– Blood glucose 50 and the risk of going into a coma
– Irregular heart arrhythmic
– Heart muscle is exhausted and heart condition in extremely dangerous
– The risk of stomach ulcers and perforation of the stomach that doctors have expressed serious concern that if his stomach perforated, there is the risk of stomach bleeding while sleeping and the risk of coma and even his death
– Blood concentration of 20 and the risk of blood clots and heart attack
– The risk of intestinal adhesion has been reported to be extremely dangerous
On December 26, in Taleghani Hospital in Tehran doctors have asked Arash Sadeghi to do endoscopy because if his gastric perforated, there was the risk of coma and even his death. But because the body of Arash Sadeghi has been severely weakened by the hunger strike, they had to perform serum therapy to be able to do the endoscopy. But Arash Sadeghi was returned to prison due to refusing to receive medical serum.
Arash Sadeghi, imprisoned civil rights activist in Evin prison who was on hunger strike, suffered problems such as a severe drop in blood pressure, severe weight loss and emaciation, heart palpitations and dangerous situation of heart, shortness of breath, nausea, coughing up blood and at some point in the blood, high blood concentrations and the risk of cardiac arrest, risk of coma due to high blood sugar, kidney problems, as well as the risk of gastric perforation and the potential for stomach bleeding in sleep and risk of coma and even his death.
It should be noted, Arash Sadeghi who is held in Hall 10 of ward 8 of Evin prison, after his wife, Golrokh Ebrahimi Irai, was arrested to serve her six-year prison sentence, wrote a letter and announced her arrest as an illegal action and went on hunger strike.