The following is an overview of human rights violations in Iran on December 30th, 2018 based on the information compiled and verified by Human Rights Activists News Agency (HRANA).
(1) The 2018 annual overview of Human rights violations in Iran which is compiled by HRANA from 3677 reports is published. This 42-page report contains the details of more than 7442 months of imprisonment sentences, 2694 lashes, and execution of 236 people.
(2) The house of Jalil Behamin, a Baha’i citizen in Isfahan, was thoroughly searched by the security forces and some of his belongings were confiscated. The house of two other Baha’i citizens in Isfahan had been searched by the security forces in the past weeks
(3) Nine Christian converts in Karaj were arrested suspecting their ties to a ‘Zionist Christian sect’. They are accused of trying to convert Muslims and the followers of other religions to their underground house church.
(4) The family of Ali Nejati, a detained member the syndicate of workers of Haft Tappeh Agro-Industry, reported concerns about his health conditions in the prison. He is suffering from heart disease.
(5) Jamshid Derakhshan, a Christian convert, was released on bail on December 16th. He was arrested on November 30th in Karaj.
(6) Four prisoners were transferred to solitary confinements
in preparation for their execution in the Urmia prison. Their charges are murder and narcotic drugs-related crimes.
(7) The appeal court of five Baha’i citizens of Shiraz will be in session on Monday. They were earlier sentenced to one-year imprisonment and one year of exile in the Branch 1 of the Revolutionary Court.
(8) Pouya Razavian, a Baha’i student, has been banned from school since 2011. He was barred from graduating from high school because of his faith.
(9) Iranian journalist and women’s rights activist Hengameh Shahidi’s attorney confirmed that he has submitted an appeal request for her sentence of 12-years and nine months of imprisonment.
(10) A school vehicle crash injured five students in Sumay-ye Beradust District in Urmia province. The injured students have been transferred to a local hospital.
(11) A citizen was severely injured in a landmine explosion incident in Dasht-e Abbas village in Dehloran County in Ilam Province.
(12) Abbas Vahedian Shahroudi, a writer and activist, who was arrested in Mashhad at October 11, was released on bail today. He was accused of acting against national security and overthrowing the government.
(13) Marliksan Company in Qazvin laid off 180 workers.
(14) Two citizens were sentenced to death in Tehran. One of them accused of murdering the executive editor of ‘Shomaresh’ magazine. Moreover, in Gonbad-e Kavus three prisoners got the victims’ family’s consent and were saved from execution.
(15) Several employees and the head of Kish Islamic Republic of Iran Broadcasting were fired due to inefficient censorship of a foreign television show.
(16) Hendijan’s head of health care system confirmed that 33 residents are victims of drinking contaminated water. They have been diagnosed with dysentery.
(17) The director of AIDS Research Center, Dr. Minoo Mohraz, confirmed that the main AIDS transmission method has been changed to sexual contact in the past two years. She added that the number of infected females has grown 10 times.
(18) Two workers in Tehran and Kerman have been injured due to their unsafe workplaces.
(19) Municipal workers of Lowshan, students who have been accepted in Azad University entrance exam, workers of city services in Nishabur, the farmers of Isfahan province, families of detained workers of Iran National Steel Industry Group, workers of city services in Kut-e Abdolla, and students of Science and Technology University held separate protests on December 30, 2018.