Mohammad Ali Taheri Ended His Hunger Strike
HRANA News Agency – Mohammad Ali Taheri who had gone on hunger strike in protest against his illegal imprisonment since February 7, ended his hunger strike.
According to the report of Human Rights Activists News Agency in Iran (HRANA), Mohammad Ali Taheri who was on hunger strike for protesting against his illegal imprisonment, ended his hunger strike on Monday February 21.
Zeinab Taheri, his lawyer, confirmed the news in an interview and told HRANA’s reporter: “My client started a hunger strike since February 7, and then he terminated his hunger strike on his wife’s request”.
Regarding the condition of ending hunger strike, this lawyer said: “Some promises are made by the judiciary for the fair consideration of the case.”
HRANA had previously reported that Mohammad Ali Taheri had gone on hunger strike for protesting against his illegal imprisonment, on February 7.
Mr. Taheri has already been on hunger strike for several times in recent years especially in 2013 and 2015.
The imprisonment sentence of this prisoner of conscience was terminated in January 2016. On the other hand, he was again sentenced to death on charge of “Corrupting on the Earth” in 2015 which was dropped in 2016 and 2017. Therefore, the continuation of his arrest is without a legal proof.
Mr. Taheri was not released from prison after serving his five years of imprisonment, and was again charged with “Corruption on the Earth” for similar activities that he was sentenced in 2011. He has spent most of his time in solitary confinement, since his arrest.