• Home >
  • Prisoners >
  • Mohammad Amin Agushi’s Pardon Request Rejected

Mohammad Amin Agushi’s Pardon Request Rejected

Posted on: 7th March, 2017
  • Print
  • Email
  • Rate The News

  • Random News
  • Editor: Human
  • Translator:
  • Source:
Mohammad Amin Agushi

HRANA News Agency – Central Commission of Pardon in Tehran has rejected the request for of Mohammad Amin Agushi, security prisoner of Tabriz prison. This is while West Azerbaijan’s Commission of Pardon had approved this request. This security prisoner is serving in prison since 2008.

A close source to Mr. Agushi told HRANA’s reporter, “During a call that Mr. Agushi had with Central Pardon Commission in Tehran, he was told that his request was rejected. He then spoke with prison authorities about this injustice and he was told that the intelligence service officers added a report to his case, stating that the imprisonment had not changed him”.

This informed source continued, “The military court has summoned him few time regarding his letters and warned him. Apparently, after this, the case was asked to be sent to Tabriz. Mr. Agushi requested for visiting military prosecutor in order to be able to discuss his illness and a year and half that is left from his sentence”.

HRANA had previously reported that Mohammad Amin Agushi is being held captive in quarantine ward of Tabriz prison for 4 months in an uncertain condition. Mr. Agushi is suffering from kidney disease, back pain and shortness of breath. Lack of coordination between authorities left his case “semi-open” and as a consequence he was kept in a designated temporary location for 4 months.

Mohammad Amin Agushi was arrested on September 23, 2007 on charge of espionage and cooperation with Iraqi Kurdistan. After 7 months and 20 days of interrogations in central prison of Uremia and in solitary confinement, in Ramazan base of the intelligent service, he was released after 8 months on a bail of 1500 million IRR by branch number 2 of military court of Uremia.

He was plead guilty in all charges by judge Hafez Ghafarri and judge Samimi in branch number 2 of military court of Uremia and transferred to central prison of Uremia. After 4 months and after 5 sessions he was sentenced to death by fire squad, by judge Hafiz Ghafari.

After appealing, his case was sent to the supreme court and processed in branch number 31 by judge Mohammad Salimi, and the death sentence was confirmed based on article 109 of the constitution.

In 2010 the retrial request was approved and the case was opened again and was processed in branch number 31, but this time the sentence was reduced to10 years prison in exile.

He was transferred to Zahedan prison in July 2012, and after one year and by the approval of prosecutor of military court, he was sent to furlough.

Iraj Mohammadi and Mohammad Amin Agushi were transferred to Tabriz prison from Zahedan, last March.