Farshid Fathi Will Be Released in December 2015

HRANA News Agency – Farshid Fathi, a Christian pastor will be released from prison, two years earlier than the previous deadline. With application of the integration and Article 134 offenses he will be released in December this year.

According to the report of Human Rights Activists News Agency in Iran (HRANA), this prisoner of conscience in Rajai Shahr prison, earlier in two cases, was sentenced to a total of seven years imprisonment and was supposed to remain in prison, till October 2017.

Farshid Fathi was arrested on 26th December 2010 by the Ministry of Intelligence and was transferred to ward 209 of the Ministry of Intelligence. He spent one year of his imprisonment in ward 209 of the Ministry of Intelligence in an uncertain condition and for about 5 months he was held in solitary confinement.

This prisoner of conscience who has been born in 1979 and has two children, was tried on 4th February 2012 and sentenced to 6 years imprisonment by the Branch 15 of the Revolutionary Court, presided by Judge Salavati, based on “Being the senior official in charge of foreign organizations in Iran and providing the financial means for this organization” and on charges of propaganda against the regime and collusion against the national security, and the sentence was confirmed on the appeal stage.

This Christian pastor had written in his letter that during the detention he hasd been tortured psychologically, humiliated, defamed and insulted: “They lied to me that my wife was arrested and I was asked to introduce a temporary guardian for my children “Rosana and Bardia”, also I was told that my father has had a heart attack and was in hospital and even did not tell me if he was alive or dead, while he even had no heart attack.”

Farshid Fathi was transferred from ward 350 of Evin prison to Rajai Shahr prison, on Tuesday 19th August 2014, on the Revolutionary Court’s order and by the Prison Organization. After the transfer, a case claiming that alcoholic drinks were found, during the “Black Thursday” attack to ward 350 of Evin prison by the officers, was opened and finally, on Monday 29thDecember 2014, he was announced of 1 year imprisonment sentence, by the Revolutionary Court.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *