The List Of Political Prisoners In The Central Prison Of Tabriz
HRANA News Agency – The following report is a brief of the situation of Tabriz prison and including the list of sentences and charges of 8 political prisoners who are held in 5 different wards despite the principle of separation of inmates. This list contains a labor activist and seven Turkish (Azari) prisoners.
According to the report of Human Rights Activists News Agency in Iran (HRANA), in Tabriz prison with a capacity of 2500 prisoner, more than about 5000 prisoners are being held which involves most of the crimes and because of overcrowding a large number of them are deprived of having a bed and have to sleep on the floor.
Prison officials refuse the performance of principle of separation of prisoners in accordance to their charges and allocating the special ward to political and security prisoners by arguing that the number of political prisoners is less than quorum.
According to an informed source, the prison had special ward in the 1980s which was disbanded in 1993 by freedom or execution or replacement of political prisoners of this ward and after that a few political prisoners were scattered to different wards.
After the elections in 2009 and protests also a small room was assigned to political prisoners. But also this ward due to the fear of authorities from prisoners’ solidarity and protests and collective strikes was closed soon.
At the moment eight political prisoners are being held in different wards of Tabriz Central Prison. The names, sentences and the ward they are serving in which has been prepared by HRANA’s reports are as follows:
1. Mohammad Jarahi, labor activist, sentenced to 5 years, gathering and colluding to act against the national security by establishing an illegal group, ward 8.
2. Ayat Mehr Alibeyglou, Turkish (Azeri) activist, sentenced to 8 years in prison (after the aggregation of crimes), gathering and colluding to act against the national security, propaganda against the regime and membership in illegal organizations, ward 15.
3. Rasool Razavi, Turkish (Azeri) activist, sentenced to 6 months in prison + 6 months suspended prison, propaganda against the regime, ward 15.
4. Morteza Moradpour, Turkish (Azeri) activist, sentenced to 3 years in prison, propaganda against the regime, gathering and colluding to act against the national security, ward 12.
5. Hussein Alimohammadi Elvar, Turkish (Azeri) activist, sentenced to 3+2 years in prison, propaganda against the regime, gathering and colluding to act against the national security, insulting the sacred, ward 12.
6. Naghi Ahmadi Azar Moghadam, sentenced to 5 years in prison and 10-year ban on travel to Azerbaijan republic, propaganda against the regime and espionage in favor of Azerbaijan republic, ward 12.
7. Behbood Gholizade, Turkish (Azeri) activist, sentenced to 9 years in prison, establishing an illegal group and propaganda against the regime, ward 4.
8. Ata Farsad, sentenced to 2 years in prison, was arrested after a football match and was sentenced through the contents of his phone and Facebook account on charges of propaganda against the regime and insulting the leader, ward 11.