• Home >
  • Prisoners >
  • Mahmood Masoomi Transferred to Ward 2-A of Evin Prison

Mahmood Masoomi Transferred to Ward 2-A of Evin Prison

Posted on: 22nd May, 2016
  • Print
  • Email
  • Rate The News

  • Random News
  • Editor: Human
  • Translator:
  • Source:
Ali Darbari

HRANA News Agency – Mahmood Masoomi, a student who was arrested during a protest in front of Dena Tire building, and had been transferred to Great Prison of Tehran, was transferred to ward 2-A in Evin prison, with a detention warrant for two months, issued by Shahid Moghadas court.

According to the report of Human Rights Activists News Agency (HRANA), some of the followers of Mohammad Ali Taheri, founder of Halghe Theosophy, were arrested during a protest in front of Dena Tire building, on Thursday May 12. Mahmood Masoomi is one of these arrestees who had his first interrogation session in Shahid Moghadas court of Evin prison on Saturday May 14. He was transferred to Great Prison of Tehran despite having a bail order to be released.

A close source to Mr. Masoomi told HRANA’s reporter, “This morning Mahmood called and his family and friends found out that he had been transferred for the interrogations from Fashafooyehto Shahid Moghadas court and his case will be sent to the IRGC”.

This source mentioned that his major allegation is collusion against the regime, and said, “The court issued a detention order of two months for him in ward 2-A in Evin prison”.

Need to be mentioned, Mr. Masoomi is born on February 1, 1996, and was studying aerospace mechanics in Tehran.

HRANA had previously reported that the security forces had clashed the protest of Mohammad Ali Taheri’s followers in front of Dena Tire building and arrested some of the protestors and transferred them to an unknown location.

The names of some of the arrested protestors are as following: Shabnam Azizpoor, Farhad Gholampoor, Saei Shirmohammadi, Ali Darbari, Pedram Parsa, Mohammad Taghi Nasab, Bahram Latifi, Fatemeh Latifi and Sina Ahsan.

Mohammad Ali Taheri, the founder of Halgheh theosophy, was arrested on May 4, 2011 and charged with sacrilege, indecent sexual behavior for touching the hand of a women during complimentary medical treatment, behaviors against the Sharia law, intervening the medical treatment procedures, gaining illegal income by distributing his records, and was sentenced to 5 years in prison, 74 lashes and 9000 million IRR fine.

Mr. Taheri was again tried for sacrilege for which he had been previously tried and received a sentence for in summer 2014. He was sentenced to death for this charge in June 2015. His lawyers have appealed against this sentence.

Saeid Khalili, one of Mohammad Ali Taheri’s lawyer announced on December 19, 2015 that the Supreme Court had dropped the death sentence and a retrial would be processed in branch number 26 of the revolutionary court.