In the past 24 hours, several prisoners of conscience were released from the prisons of Tehran, Behbahan, Mashhad and Ilam.
Of these freed prisoners, the most known prisoners are:
- Political prisoner Ali-Asghar Hassani Rad from Evin Prison, Tehran
- Ahmad Raisi, arrested during recent nationwide protests, from Evin Prison
- Political prisoner Yasin Jamali from Evin Prison
- Political prisoner Alireza Hatami from Evin Prison
- Political prisoner Sakineh Parvaneh from Vakilabad Prison, Mashhad
- Abdollah Eitook, arrested at recent nationwide protests, from Behbahan Prison
- Ayat Arefinia from Ilam Prison
- Mosa’ab Sediji, age 16 and a resident of Jask, arrested at recent nationwide protests
Details of these prison releases are still unknown. They are, however, likely released under recent approval to “pardon and commute” the sentence of some prisoners.
Earlier, the head of the Judiciary proposed to pardon or commute the sentences of some prisoners as an enactment of Article 110, paragraph 11 of the constitution, which was approved by Ali Khamenei under some conditions which the legal case should meet.
Without providing any statistics about the number of pardoned prisoners, judicial authorities announced that these mass releases would continue until February 19.