IRGC Deprives Arash Sadeghi of Proper Medical Treatment

HRANA News Agency – Arash Sadeghi, imprisoned civic activist in ward 350 of Evin prison, has got a chronic inflammatory disease of the aspiratory (asthma) and is still suffering from continuous stomach bleeding, however, despite the agreement of the prosecutor, the Iranian Revolutionary Guards still deprive him of going on medical leave and being admitted in hospitals.
A source familier with Arash Sadeghi’s situation told HRANA’s reporter: “Arash is in a critical condition, suffering from asthma and stomach bleeding. Although the prosecutor has agreed with the bail order, the Iranian Revolutionary Guards still deprive him of going on medical leave and being admitted in hospitals. Regardless of his medical leave, while prison forensic has requested his admission in a hospital, the Iranian Revolutionary Guards oppose that as well.”
Arash Sadeghi was transferred to Imam Khomeini hospital in Tehran on February 6, 2017 and was returned to the prison after some medical tests, while he had just ended his second hunger strike due to the prosecution’s promises to help.
This civil rights activist who had gone on hunger strike for a second time on January 22, when Golrokh Irai was arrested, was transferred to ward 350 on January 25, which is a place with minimum communication facilities with outside.
Mr. Sadeghi who started his second hunger strike just a few days after ending his first 71-day-long hunger strike, while being in a critical physical condition, has inappropriate health condition. Mr. Sadeghi had been transferred to ward 2-A of the Revolutionary Guards, in Evin prison, “under the pretext of” transition to hospital on January 25, and after three days he was transferred to ward 350. His personal belongings including his “watch and wedding ring” have disappeared in this moving.
Arash Sadeghi, civil activist imprisoned in Evin Prison, had started a hunger strike, demanding a fair trial to address the accusations against his wife, Golrokh Irai, which he ended after 71 days with the promise of considering his demands by the authorities, when his wife left the prison on January 3.
However, just after two weeks of sending Golrokh on leave, and while Arash had ended his hunger strike, the authorities breached their promise and arrested Mrs Irai and returned her to prison, on January 22, so that Arash, despite his very critical physical condition, due to his long term hunger strike, went on hunger strike again, to protest against the authorities breach of promises.
It should be mentioned that on his latest referral to the hospital the specialist doctor confirmed that he had stomach bleeding up to 12.5%, shortage of hemoglobin (anemia), serious and severe lung infection and had to be hospitalized for at least 4 to 5 days.
However, due to the prosecutor, prison security and Sarallh Corps pressure, this prisoner was returned to Evin prison on February 6, 2017.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *