Mohammad Amin Agoshi Held in the Quarantine of Tabriz Prison Since 4 Month Ago

HRANA News Agency – Mohammad Amin Agoshi, security prisoner in Tabriz Central Prison, has been held in the quarantine ward of this prison, since four months ago in an undecided condition. Mr. Agoshi suffers from “shortness of breath, back pain and kidney disease”. Lack of coordination among relevant judiciary bodies is preventing the order of parole and his transfer from the temporary ward.
According to the report of Human Rights Activists News Agency in Iran (HRANA), a close source to Mohammad Amin Agoshi, after announcing this news, in an interview with HRANA’s reporter said: “Once they say that they have requested amnesty for him, once they said the parole had been accepted but the prison did not implement it. The prison said it was the court’s fault. Tabriz court blames Urmia court. Urmia court blames Tabriz court. They are playing with Mr. Agoshi.”
The informed source added: “It is more than four months now that he has been kept in the quarantine ward of this prison. First, he was supposed to be sent to the workshop ward of the prison, but they didn’t do it. They didn’t send him to his previous ward either, and kept him in a state of uncertainty”.
The source also said: “The quarantine ward is very crowded and chaotic. New and returning prisoners are held there, and after three days they are sent into the wards. All new entries have influenza and other diseases”.
According to this source in addition to all of these problems, Mr. Agoshi is also suffering from “shortness of breath, back pain and kidney pain”.
Mohammad Amin Agoshi was arrested on charges of espionage and cooperation for the benefit of the KRG, on 22nd September 2007. He was held for 7 months and 20 days in solitary confinement in Camp Ramadan of Ministry of Intelligence, in the city of Urmia, for interrogation and after 8 months of his detention, he was released on a bail of 1500 million IRR which had been ordered by Branch 2 of the Military Court in Urmia.
In May 2007, he attended Branch 2 of the Military Court in the city of Urmia, chaired by Mr. Hafiz Ghaffari and the case judge, Mr. Samimi, and was charged and convicted on charge of waging war and was transferred to Urmia Central Prison. After spending four months in Urmia Central Prison and after 5 hearings, chaired by Hafiz Ghafari, the court issued and announced a death sentence by firing squad.
By his objection against the verdict, the case was referred to branch 31 of the Supreme Court, headed by Mohammad Salimi and the sentence of death by firing squad was approved on the basis of Article 109 of constitution.
In 2010, the case was opened again for proceeding restitution, and was sent to branch 31 of the Supreme Court and the sentence of death by firing squad was changed to 10 years imprisonment in exile.
He was exiled in August 2012 to Zahedan central prison and after one year, the military Prosecutor agreed to send him to furlough.
Iraj Mohammadi and Mohammad Amin Agoshi were transferred from Zahedan Prison to Tabriz prison last April.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *