Mohammad Amin Agoshi’s Daughter Passed Away after Committing Suicide

HRANA News Agency – Mohammad Amin Agoshi was informed that he should collect the body of his 22-year-old daughter, who has committed suicide, from forensic office in Piranshahr, while he was going on an unexpected leave, upon exiting the prison of Zahedan.
According to the report of Human Rights Activists News Agency in Iran (HRANA), the authorities had subjected the delivery of the body to his father’s presence, as this prisoner’s wife had died after a serious illness, so that, Mr. Agoshi was unexpectedly sent on leave, on Tuesday 30th June, and just on the exit door of the prison he was informed that his daughter has hanged herself and passed away and he needed to go to the Forensic office in Piranshahr, in West Azerbaijan province.
Mr. Mohammad Amin Agoshi, who is already on leave, told HRANA’s reporter that, although he has gone to the Forensic office but the authorities have refused to transfer the body, and have asked for 5 million Tomans to transfer the body to Urmia and its autopsy.
Mr. Agoshi, about the reasons for his daughter’s suicide, continued: “I have been in prison for a few years and last year my wife passed away, after being hospitalized for a month and being in coma, and all the time my daughter was with her, nowadays, even kids with their parents’ presence have problems, what could be the prospect of a young girl who has lost his mother and his father is in prison.”
According to Mr. Agoshi, her daughter had suffered from depression after the death of her mother and the mental and financial problems, which were caused by the absence of her father, but she hided them from her imprisoned father, and she had already an unsuccessful attempt to commit suicide, but her father has not been aware of it, in the prison.
Mohammad Amin Agoshi, along with Iraj Mohammadi and Ahmad Poladkhani, from Piranshahr, was arrested, in 2007, on charges of espionage for the KRG and waging war against the regime by cooperating with combatant groups.
After more than 7 months in solitary confinement, he was transferred to the central prison of Urmia and after the hearing in the Branch 2 of Martial Court (Military forces’ Judiciary) he was sentenced to death by firing squad.
The issued verdict was upheld precisely, by the Branch 31 of the Supreme Court, but his case was reconsidered, and by referring the case to Branch 1 of the military court, he was sentenced to 10 years imprisonment and exile to Zahedan prison, along with two other defendants.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *