At dawn on Monday, July 5, a prisoner who had previously been sentenced to death on a charge of murder was executed in Vakilabad Prison in Mashhad.
According to HRANA, the news agency of Human Rights Activists, quoting the Khorasan newspaper, the report identifies the prisoner as Ali-P, 45, who killed his wife in August 2009.
Iran ranks first in the world in citizen executions per capita, according to international organizations. The Statistics and Publication Center of the Human Rights Activists in Iran (HRA) reported that between January 1 and December 20 of 2020, at least 236 citizens were executed.
One of these citizens was executed publicly, and two were juvenile offenders. An additional 95 citizens were sentenced to death.
According to the report, more than 72% of executions in Iran are not reported by the government or the judiciary. Human rights organizations call these “secret executions”.
HRANA News Agency – On Sunday, September 18, 2011, twenty two prisoners were hanged in Evin and Rajai-Shahr prisons.These inmates were previously transferred out of Ghazel Hesar Prison.The news of seven other prisoners also executed on Sunday was released yesterday.
Iranian state media has confirmed that twenty two prisoners have been hanged and reported, “The death sentences confirmed by the Attorney General were carried out on prison grounds in Evin and Rajai-Shahr prisons early yesterday morning.”These prisoners were charged with various crimes related to illegal drugs.
The following details about these prisoners have been released:
- Mohammad Kh. charged with selling 59 kg opium.
- Mohammad N. charged with transporting 480 grams of heroin into prison.
- Avaz P. charged with forming a drug trafficking gang and possession of 683 kg opium.
- Agha H. charged with membership in a drug trafficking gang and possession of illegal drugs.
- Jan B. charged with transporting 425 grams of heroin into prison.
- Ali G. charged with transporting 385 grams of crack cocaine into prison.
- Sadi C. charged with possession of 908 grams of crack cocaine, 5/7 grams of opium and 15 grams of the burnt leftover of opium.
- Esmail M. charged with distributing 150 kg of opium, selling 50 kg of illegal drugs and possessing 20 kg of opium.
- Hassan T. charged with transporting 265 grams of compressed heroin blocks into prison.
- Mehdi P. charged with possessing 67 kg of crack cocaine and 36 kg of opium.
- Mohammad E. charged with helping to transport 702 grams of heroin and distributing 650 grams of compressed heroin blocks into prison.
- Abbas A. charged with possessing 2 kg and 200 grams of heroin.
- Omaid Kh. charged with selling 4 kg of morphine.
- Vahid M. charged with transporting 307 grams of crack cocaine into prison.
- Saeid M. charged with helping to transport 1 kg of compressed heroin blocks.
- Ali P. charged with transporting 410 grams of compressed heroin blocks into prison.
- Shahram Sh. charged with transporting 670 grams of compressed heroin blocks into prison.
- Abdol Majid M. charged with transporting 391 grams of compressed heroin blocks into prison.
- Karim Q. charged with selling 49 kg and 500 grams of opium.
- Majid F. charged with transporting 346 grams of compressed heroin blocks into prison.
- Ali N. charged with transporting 420 grams of compressed heroin blocks into prison.
- Hatam M. charged with transporting 290 grams of compressed heroin blocks into prison.
Copyright © 2009-2011 All Rights Reserved