HRANA News Agency – Seven Sunni men from Iran’s Ahwazi Arab minority were arrested on Friday after holding congregational Taraweeh prayers in the north of Ahwaz city, Khuzestan province of Iran.
According to the report of Human Rights Activists News Agency (HRANA), the men, who had all converted from Shi’ism to Sunni Islam, were arrested before dawn by security forces on 18 July 2014 and taken to an unknown location. Continue reading “7 Sunni converts arrested for holding congregational Taraweeh prayers”
HRANA News Agency – Security forces have arrested tens of political and civil activists during last week.
According to the report of Human Rights Activists News Agency (HRANA), during last week and due to the anniversary of April 2005, tens of Arab citizens who have political and civil arrests on their background have been arrested again.
Karim Daihami the human rights activist, said to HRANA’s reporter, “Security forces, have no court order or legal document and rush into the houses, terrorize the inhabitants and arrest activists at night or dawn”.
Some details of some of the known detainees are as below:
- Abdulkarim Zargani, for religious activities, from Zargan area, on Wednesday, April 9
- Jaber Sakhravi, resident of Kouy-Alavi of Ahvaz city, Tuesday, April 8
- Jasem Zargani, son of Aboud, married and has two children, from Zargan area, Wednesday, April 9
- Mohammad Zargani, son of Hamid, married and has one child, from Zargan area, Wednesday, April 9
- Hossain Zargani, son of Shaker, from Zargan area, Wednesday, April 9
- Aref Sarkhi, from Kooy-e-Malashiyah, Wednesday, April 9, 5am
- Mehdi Halfi, from Kooy-e-Alavi of Ahvzaz city, on Tuesday, April 8
- Ali Dabeh Hovaizeh, son of Karim, from Kooy-e-Alavi, Thursday, April 10
- Reza Zargani, son of Gaeid,from Zargan area, Wednesday, April 9