Juvenile offender on death row is in danger of more torture

HRANA News Agency – Juvenile offender Baha’uddin Ghasemzadeh has been transferred to the Criminal Investigation Department in Urmia to be interrogated more.  His family fears for his safety as he might be tortured once again.  Despite his initial confession taken at age 15, Ghasemzadeh denied committing the murder at the trial, and the case against him appears to have many problems such as lack of motive.

Continue reading “Juvenile offender on death row is in danger of more torture”

Corrections – The case of the eight-year-old juvenile offender

HRANA News Agency – On July 4, 2013, Shargh Newspaper published a short news story inviting its readers to attend the debut of a play to save the life of an innocent child who was to be executed the following week.  The story appeared on page 16 of the issue numbered 1773 and identified the name of the play, the Blue Sensation of Death, as well as the location and time of the debut.  The news story indicated that the proceeds from the play was to be used towards the retribution demanded by the family of a victim who was killed by the child.

Continue reading “Corrections – The case of the eight-year-old juvenile offender”

A cab driver sexually assaulted a six-year-old girl

HRANA News Agency – A cab driver has sexually assaulted a six-year-old girl multiple times.  Last year, a cab driver who was hired to take three little girls to school every day began abusing one of the children sexually after awhile.

According to a report by Iranian Students News Agency (ISNA), the driver owns a Ford Festiva, is visually impaired in one eye and had taken the girl to an abandoned building near the school.  The mother of the child says that she has no hope of recovery for her daughter.  “It has been years since my daughter has been potty trained, but she is having accidents now because of what has happened to her,” the mother says.

The mother has also reported that the cab driver assaulted her daughter for weeks by taking her to the abandoned building under false pretenses of wanting to play games.  “My children say the driver has a yellow knife that he keeps under his seat,” the mother adds while crying.  “He has threatened my kids.  When two of them weren’t there, he abused my daughter, Freshteh.  He threatened to cut her parent’s heads off if she didn’t keep quiet.”

“Freshteh is now undergoing psychiatric therapy and has been taking sedatives.  She is easily agitated and even fears her father and brothers,” the mother says.

 

141,000 kids are deprived of education in Iran

HRANA News Agency – The head of the statistics and ICT department of education ministry says “There are 141 thousand children between the ages 6 and 11 who are not attending schools in Iran.”

 

According to a report of Kaleme website, Yousef Nouri said “The intention of statistics is to extract the total number of the ones deprived of obligatory study rule in education ministry that supreme council of education ministry determine it.” Continue reading “141,000 kids are deprived of education in Iran”

Subscribe to Our Newsletter

Now is definitely not the time to stop reading!

Three kids died in a mortar explosion in Soosangerd

HRANA News Agency – Explosion of a mortar in Mara’i village of Soosangerd killed three kids. Also last winter in Larak island two kids has been killed by sea-mine.

 

One of parliamentarians declared a while ago that after Iran-Iraq war yearly 200 have been killed by mine explosions. During the eight years of Iran-Iraq war more than 20 millions of various types of mine and explosives have dispersed in an area around 42 thousands square kilometers in five provinces -West Azerbayejan, Kurdistan, Ilam, Kermanshah and Khouzestan. Continue reading “Three kids died in a mortar explosion in Soosangerd”

Two Infants along their mothers in grave danger in Semnan Prison, Iran

HRANA News Agency – Two Baha’i citizens, Zahra Nik-A’in and Taraneh Torabi with their infants in Semnan Prison are in grave danger and need immediate medical care.

According to a report by Human Rights Activists News Agency (HRANA), Zahra Nik-A’in and Taraneh Torabi, Baha’i citizens who were sentenced to 23 and 20 months in prison, respectively, are serving their sentences at Semnana Prison despite being mothers of infants. Zahra has a 11-month old son, and Taraneh has a five-month old son. All of them are severely sick and need immediate medical care.

Continue reading “Two Infants along their mothers in grave danger in Semnan Prison, Iran”

Hamza Rigi, Baluch political prisoner on 26th day of hunger strike

HRANA News Agency – Hamza Rigi, Iranian Baluch political prisoner who has been arrested 30 months ago, held in Solitary Confinement is in 26th day of his hunger strike.

According to a report by Human Rights Activists News Agency (HRANA), Hamza Rigi was arrested on charge of relating to Jondollah opposition group and was sentenced to death in the revolutionary court of Zahedan and his verdict has been confirmed.

“Hamza Rigi was under 18 years old when he was arrested and his death sentence is against International Convention that Islamic Republic has signed it too. Hamza was tortured when he was arrested and most of his confessions was under the torture.”  one of his relatives told HRANA’s reporter.

 

Two Baloch teenage political prisoners sentenced to death were transferred to exile prisons

HRANA News Agency –Two Baloch teenage political prisoners sentenced to death by Iranian revolutionary court and were exiled to Qazvin and Semnan prisons. And, also there is no information about another Baloch teenage political prisoner.

 

Continue reading “Two Baloch teenage political prisoners sentenced to death were transferred to exile prisons”

A Child Laborer Gang-Raped and Killed

HRANA News Agency – Eleven Afghani workers kidnapped, gang-raped and murdered a child laborer in a region known as Pardis in the city of Karaj, Alborz Province, Iran.

According to a report by Shargh Newspaper, on Saturday, October 22, 2011, an anonymous caller contacted the police and reported this crime.The caller provided the police with the address of a building under construction in Pardis neighborhood and informed the law enforcement that a child’s body had been abandoned in the basement of this building.

Agents from Police Station 207 in Tehran were immediately dispatched to the scene of this crime where a blood trail led them to the body of a young boy who was tied to a wooden post.Following this discovery, the Special Homicide Prosecutor was notified, and investigators were assigned to the case.

In the basement of this building, investigators also discovered women’s clothing and have concluded that there might be other victims involved.So far, no other bodies have been found.

Further investigations have revealed that the individual guarding this building was an Afghani worker called Ghadier.He has reportedly escaped, and efforts to find him are ongoing.

The young victim has been identified to be a fifteen year old boy called Saeed.His father had reported him missing four days prior to the discovery of the body.Saeed’s father had also received an anonymous phone call about the murder of his son and told the police, “Because of financial problems, my son worked to help paying our expenses.Every day after returning from school, my son sold vegetables on streets.There were no problems until Tuesday night when Saeed didn’t return home.So we called the police and asked Basij Militia for help.Agents started searching for my son but didn’t find him.Since then, we had no news of him until someone called my cell phone and gave me the address of a building under construction.The caller said my son’s body was there.”

Investigations have revealed that an eyewitness had seen Saeed on Tuesday night.This eyewitness told the police that he had seen a few Afghani men first talking to Saeed and then forcing him into a building under construction.At the time, police agents were unable to locate the right building and had searched another location by mistake.The police had also arrested a few Afghani men, but they were released since there was no evidence against them.

After discovering Saeed’s body, the police interviewed the eye-witness again and found new clues resulting in ten new arrests.The suspects have confessed to kidnapping and gang-rapping Saeed and have told the police that he suddenly lost consciousness and died.The suspects also claimed to have wrapped Saeed’s body in a blanket and hidden it in the basement of the building.

The medical examiner has declared the cause of death to be gang-rape.Meanwhile, Ghadier remains at large, and the manhunt for the guard continues.The police is also investigating the possibility that other murders might have occurred in the same location since women’s clothing were discovered there.

Copyright © 2009-2011 All Rights Reserved