HRANA News Agency – Ali Mohammadi, prisoner of Uremia prison was transferred to hospital after his condition became critical following his suicide.
According to the report of Human Rights Activists News Agency (HRANA), Ali Mohammadi, who was transferred to solitary confinement since one week ago for his hunger strike, has been transferred to a hospital after he committed suicide in prison’s clinic on August 6. Continue reading “A Political Prisoner Committed Suicide in Uremia Prison”
HRANA News Agency – The following list includes the names of prisoners of conscience and political prisoners in Ormia whose sentences in total regardless of pending cases, is up to 260 years in prison and five death row prisoners included. However, except a few cases (three Baha’is, a spy and one convicted after the elections in 2009), the majority of these prisoners have been alleged with holding connection, supporting or being active member of one of the Kurdish parties, and have been arrested, so that, only a brief mention of “cooperation with the Kurdish opposition” refers to this type of accusations. It should be noted that the following list is a primary list and probably will be updated with more information.
Identities of prisoners in ward 12, who are now, more than half of all political prisoners held in Ormia prison: Continue reading “The Newest List of Political Prisoners in Ormia Central Prison”
HRANA News Agency – 20 relief workers were sentenced to 18 years and three months in prison totally, in Tabriz Revolutionary Court.
According to a report by Human Rights Activists News Agency (HRANA), A group of volunteer relief workers who were arrested at an independent relief camp following last summer’s earthquake in northwest Azerbaijan have been sentenced to verdicts by Judge Hamlbar, ranging from six months to two years and six months.
Seyed Hussein Ronaghi Maleki: two years, Behrouz Alavi: two years and three months, Hamidreza Mosabebian: two years and six months, Vahed Kholoosi: two years, Bahram Shojai’i: two years, Farid Rohani, Seyed Hassan Ronaghi Maleki, Shayan Vahdati, Masoud Vafa Bakhsh, Houman Taheri, Sepehr Sahebian, Daniyal Hassani, Ali Mohammadi, Morteza Esmailpor, Mohammad Arjmandi Rad, Mohammad Eslamil Salmanpour, Mohammad Amin Salehi, Mohsen Same’i, Milad Panahipour and Amir Ronasi: six months for each.
A deadly earthquake in northwest Iran in August left hundreds dead and thosands homeless prompting volunteer relieft efforts by activists and ordinary citizens around the country.
The detained relief workers were arrested at an independent relief camp in Sarand when government security insisted on taking control of all relief efforts.
The court has found the relief workers guilty of “collaboration in assembly and collusion to commit crimes against national security.”
The judiciary had accused the relief workers of “trying to distribute expired food”, but the relief workers have stressed there is no evidence that any expired food had been in the camp and they have denied all the charges brought against them.
HRANA News Agency – At least 35 activists Helping refugees of Earthquake were arrested tonight in Haris, Azarbaijan, after their relief camp was attacked by Iranian Security forces. In Addition, one activist was arrested yesterday.
Continue reading “36 Activists helping refugees of earthquake have been arrested”
HRANA News Agency – More than 80 Iranian artists have issued a statement to protest against the prosecution of their colleagues in the country.Amongst the signatories, there are well-known artists belonging to two generations of Iranians living either in the country or abroad.The full text of this statement is as follows:
Art is the portrayal of liberty on the wings of thought and imagination.Pity those who believe by imprisoning an artist’s physical being, his thought process is eroded.
How do occasional incursions carried out against independent and intellectual artists lead us to the shores of salvation while our nation’s thirst and admiration for art can’t be quenched by pretentious rulers reigning over our culture?
Today, it is befitting to name Evin and Gharchak artists’ dwelling whose air is filled with the breath of such individuals as Marzieh Vafamehr and Ramin Parchami, and amidst its walls, the scent of Jafar Panahi, Mohammad Rasoulof, Mahnaz Mohammadi, Maryam Majd, Pegah Ahangariani, Hila Sedighi and numerous others is felt.All these artists share a common belief in independent art, have felt the prevailing pain in the society and have sought to present solutions worthy of an awakened nation demanding change.
We, a group of artists and authors signing this statement, are gravely concerned about police actions undertaken against activists, demand the release of all artists and ask for their convictions reconsidered.
- Arezoo Srazsh (Author)
- Aria Aram Nejad (Composer, Singer, Song Writer)
- Azadeh Davachi (Poet)
- Ida Amidi (Poet)
- Ehsan Ahmadi (Poet)
- Ahmad Pournejati (Poet, Cinema & Theater)
- Ardavan Asshabi (Photographer)
- Arsalan Bagheri (Poet)
- Ismail Yourdshahyan (Poet, Writer)
- Afsaneh Shafie (Theater Performer, Poet)
- Afshin Akhavan (Actor, Cinema & Theater)
- Omid Iran Mehr (Photographer)
- Omid Koshtkar (Graphics Artist)
- Amir Ashori (Poet, Translator)
- Amir Varaste Heidari (Poet)
- Bagher Mozen (Musician)
- Baktash Abtin (Poet, Filmmaker)
- Parto Noriala (Actress, Poet)
- Pegah Ahmadi (Poet)
- Poya Azizi (Poet)
- Toran Zandieh (Painter)
- Javad Moghimi (Photographer)
- Hojat Badaghi (Poet)
- Hassan Zarhi (Poet)
- Hassan Sarbakhshan (Photographer)
- Hussein Arian (Filmmaker, Photographer, Editor)
- Hussein Zaman (Singer)
- Hussein Noshazad (Story Writer)
- Hamid Reza Nabiei (Photograher)
- Hamid Janipour (Photographer)
- Reza Shantia (Poet)
- Reza Farmand (Author, Poet)
- Reza Ganji (Photographer)
- Roya Bijani (Poet)
- Roya Taghti(Poet)
- Zahra Elahi (Poet)
- Sara Khalili (Poet, Translator)
- Sassan Ghahreman (Author, Director, Theater Performer)
- Saman Zaman Zadeh (Photographer)
- Sayeh Darkhtian (Poet)
- Sapedeh Jadyari (Poet, Translator)
- Samaneh Naeini (Poet)
- Soheila Mirzaie (Poet)
- Siamak Borazjani (Poet)
- Shabnam Azar (Poet)
- Shabnam Farshadjo (Actress)
- Shabnam Ghalikhani (Actress, Film Educator)
- Shaghayegh Zafari (Poet)
- Shokofeh Azar (Author)
- Shahrnoosh Parsipour (Author)
- Abbas Bakhtiari (Musician)
- Ezat Goshegir (Play Writer)
- Ali Avghazyan (Photographer)
- Ali Chakav (Photographer, Filmmaker)
- Ali Abdolrezaie (Poet)
- Ali Fatehi (Documentary Filmmaker)
- Ali Fathi Moghadam (Poet)
- Ali Mohammadi (Poet, Filmmaker)
- Ali Manafi (Announcer)
- Ali Reza Badi (Poet, Song Writer)
- Ali Reza Bahnam (Poet, Translator)
- Ali Reza Darvish (Painter, Filmmaker)
- Kian Amani (Photographer)
- Garanaz Mosavi (Poet, Filmmaker)
- Laila Kurdbacheh (Poet)
- Mana Nistani (Cartoonist)
- Majid Nafisi (Poet)
- Mohsen Khaimedooz (Author, Movie Critic)
- Mohsen Emadi (Poet)
- Mohsen Mahmoud Zadeh (Photographer)
- Maryam Amosa (Poet, Photographer)
- Maryam Holeh (Poet)
- Mazdak Mousavi(Poet)
- Mostafa Azizi (Script Writer)
- Monireh Parvaresh (Poet)
- Mehrnaz Hedayati (Author)
- Mino Nosrat (Poet)
- Naser Zerati (Author, Poet)
- Nasrin Almasi (Author)
- Niaz Salimi (Actress)
- Hashem Baroti(Poet)
- Hasti Alhoie (Graphics Artist)
- Homan Azizi (Poet)